Take the challenge of life by learning @ competitiveness
Since most of the learners do not know @ competitiveness, we receive lot of questions. This is true for even IIT Bombay, a leading institute of competitiveness research. So here you go; FAQ’s related to the course, we are proud about.
What’s the course?
The course is about an emerging concept ‘International Competitiveness’ that has high relevance for capable learners at IITB. Key objective of the course is to give sound basics and new perspectives to learners. By effectively participating and contributing to the course, a conscientious learner should be able to:
- Develop an understanding about the concept, importance and processes of competitiveness / excellence
- Learn about the fundamentals of competitiveness using relevant resources: from articles, caselets to online learning resources, papers, books
- Identify practical dimensions through discussion of cases and caselets
- Give practical ideas and change agenda through challenging projects for competitiveness of ventures / firms
What’s unique @ the course?
IIT Bombay is among few institutions in the world (e.g. Harvard) to offer Competitiveness course. IIT Bombay has been contributing significantly to competitiveness research (for example see at Google Scholar, ResearchGate,..).
The course is developed based on years of research, teaching and outreach to industry in Competitiveness. The course was first offered at IITB in 2012 and has been upgraded over the years.
The course has been designed to impart distinctive skills, knowledge and perspectives to committed learners. Following are the few elements of this holistic learning opportunity for IIT students. Here is just a glimpse of elements that make it a great learning opportunity for IITB students:
- Opportunity to learn and compete in projects dealing in competitiveness of Industries and firms.
- Interaction with past learners, professionals and executives from leading firms and ventures.
- Challenge options to learn, practice, compete and excel on different fronts –Intellectual, Physical, Social,
Why shall we take it? Now?
Opportunities to take such challenge courses come once in lifetime. You can look at the challenges being taken by past learners and the heights some are aspiring to climb.
These are just a few of the learners of the course in different walks of LIFE:
Entrepreneurship / Adventure: Vivek Shivde, Ketan Bhokray
This year the course comes with newer contexts, concepts and case studies. The course is a once in 2 year opportunity. The course on a distinct and significant subject like International Competitiveness is definitely not the one you want to miss this year!!!
When is it slotted?
The course is offered in Institute Elective slot (slot 6; Wed. & Fri., 11:00-12:30). Venue will class room 4 (CR4; 2nd Floor in SJMSOM building).
What to plan?
Its an interesting yet demanding and challenging course, we suggest a systematic approach for swift adaptation, progress and learning. Here are key suggestions:
Since this is high intensity, challenging course, we suggest that you plan systematically to have higher match and learning that you can apply. Here are key suggestions:
- Must Complete the form to access material, information, etc.
- Keep your updated CV & SoP ready to be shared any stage of selection (we prefer to have higher match of your learning interests & course)
- Plan to have adequate time for this course during Jan.-May 2018; schedule your other high intensity courses/projects to minimize overlaps
For any additional questions, clarifications
- Please talk to us & clarify your doubts.
- You can contact Amruta @ firstname.lastname@example.org at 9404001981