Happy with performance of B.Tech. students, the Group on Competitiveness (GoC) has decided to experiment with offering the unique course “International Competitiveness (IC; MGT671)” as a Management Minor in 2014, year when India & her youth is awakening to its true potential & next levels. Students who excelled in the course have continued to climb heights.
For example, PRANUSHA MANTHRI- runner-up of a national level leadership award (CWLA 2013-14, presented a paper in Competitiveness at the IEEE-ITMC conference 2013 in EU, participated Enduro3 in 2013 and is an avid cycling enthusiast. She will be available online to mentor capable and aspiring learners online at email@example.com in June.
Pranusha presenting the paper at IEEE conference in Europe
VIVEK SHIVADE – is a highly enduring adventure seeker, with various accolades in mountaineering, camping, trekking, traveling and cycling. Here is a glimpse of his achievements:
- Summited Mt. Friiendship (17353 ft.)
- Traversed Pindari- Kafni- Shalang glaciers (125 kms 20 days height gained 19000 ft)
- Graduate from National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) – A grade
- Basic and Advance Mountaineering Courses A grade
- Finished 5th in fort Marathon 2013 in a team of two
- Finished 5th in Bangalore Bikers Championship Race
We plan to experiment several things in the course, such as:
- Challenge projects: e.g. on Group / Venture growth
- Seminar by industry experts (incl. India-Japan cooperation)
- New concepts (International Competitiveness, Frameworks & Models, Industry value chain analysis, problem structuring)
- Case Studies & Discussions (designed for B.Tech students)
While academic strength is appreciated, we aim at training holistic IITians who can climb stairs in corporate or other arenas. Hence, learners with higher fitness (e.g. marathon if not triathlon or swimathon or higher) are expected to excel at learning in this practical course. Aspiring learners keen to take the course are urged to start early on practices. The course helps get learners compete for positions in internships, conferences,…articles for magazines / journals (e.g. Samsung case) related to competitiveness.
Interactive seminars can be planned for aspiring 2nd / 3rd year students, if anyone is keen to coordinate. Contact Pranusha at for the opportunity.