With an efficient government starting several path breaking initiatives, 2016 promises to be a memorable year. One very exciting initiative for learners of competitiveness focusing on venture competitiveness, may be the ‘Start-up India Summit’ where our PM and Team launched/declared an action plan having several measures to accelerate scale-up of start-ups.
Biathlon can be a good starting point for next level challenges such as Triathlon, which are getting popular in some Indian cities also. New organizing team of this Republic Day Biathlon lead by Group on Competitiveness (GoC) member Sneha Bhat has focused on quality measurements. Here are quick highlights of IITB Republic Day Biathlon 2016:
• Quality biathloners; more than 95 % participants successfully completed the biathlon, perhaps the highest percentage in IITB biathlons
• Increasing proportion of women, almost reaching 1/3
• Mayanka challenged men by competing in their category, which is much longer distance then women category
• Sustaining participants, some have started practicing
• Participation by several serious long distance players, who have already completed half marathons
• Better recording of time, thanks to efforts by Sneha & team
• Increasing contributions from SJMSOM on multiple dimensions
o Max. no. of staff participation (incl. first time entry by Dhaval and Pradeep)
o Repeat participation of ladies team
• Quick tips for beginners from accomplished achievers such as Sreenath and Anup Bali-a sports leader of SJMSOM who have already completed two Mumbai Full Marathons in less than two years of his stay on campus.
Table: Leading participants in each category
Thank you volunteers for your contributions for improving quality in this event.
More pictures related to the R-Day Biathlon16 are shared here.
We acknowledge cooperation from members of SJMSOM sports club SPIKE, led by Manmohan Singh. We thank Dr. Reddy Coach, in-charge Gymkhana, and IITB sports leaders Nihal, Sukhada and others for their help and sustained cooperation with IITB Biathlon. The event provided an opportunity for budding biathloners to meet, interact and learn from some accomplished enduros.
With signs of quality improvements, we are looking forward to an exciting 2016—the Olympic year—for friends who practice regularly.
Keep up on practice as more challenging events such as IITB Run (including Half Marathon), Swimming Gala and Swimathon await you on campus. Those very keen on next level challenges, feel free to talk to us at GoC, a unique greener group identifying potential champions of enduring competitiveness. Please do revisit this and other posts to know about opportunities for competing at conferences, journals and internship openings in specific areas: e.g.
- Upcoming Conference:Technology Management and Competitiveness
- Journal: International journal of Global Business and Competitiveness (IJGBC)