2016 was a challenging year in many respects. Leadership in politics introduced several pioneering initiatives such as “Startup India” and “Standup India” and to promote entrepreneurship and to enhance “Ease of Doing Business”. Leading industry association, CII explicitely selected theme for 2016-17 “Building National Competitiveness”. Such initiatives are helping bring awareness about competitiveness.
Group on competitiveness (GoC) has been steadily working on competitiveness research for knowledge creation and sharing to create awareness and has been striving hard to build on journey of more than 2 decade. We worked enormously on administrative fronts (e.g. Admissions), still we tried to advance on research as well as outreach. Achievements on research front are more remarkable due to some quality journals we competed. Here is just a glimpse of events, initiatives and achievements by members of GoC:
• We matched 2013 peak (in terms of no. of papers), but with better quality and competed in newer arenas.
• Years of hard work on research on internationalization, driven by Sundar had major break-outs. Comparative case studies of two competitive tyre firms of Indian origin (FIOs) has reached a relevant journal.
• Sneha and Pranusha played at IIM Indore IB conference. Sneha’s contribution on IP was presented at 4th International Conference on IP and Strategy ( MIPS16). Findings of micro-studies have started reaching audiences as book chapter through platforms such as RG.
• With 3 papers, Dharmesh is competing at an international journal from
his work on innovation management
• Lalit’s contribution on technological innovation reached an international strategy and management journal.
• No. of associates learning Japanese is growing and we had visit of the
Ambassador of Japan to IITB campus, perhaps first time in 2010s.
• We had quite energetic participants from build to last firms (e.g. > 6
decades of journey), who endured grueling program (see photo) Management of Technology
and Innovation for Competitiveness at IITB campus.
• We have started selection processes for selecting energetic participants (e.g.
triathloners/biathloners, if not swimmathoners) for the unique IITB 2017
program. Interested learners can complete the form.
• Last, but not the least, thanks to hard work of members and associates
of GoC over years, we crossed the target of 1000 citations much ahead of
Triathlon / swimathon friendly members of GoC are excited to welcome new
challenges of 2017, as our balanced and efficient operation help us intensify our contributions to IITB (in its new strategic plan) and in arenas of internationalization and MoT for international competitiveness.
With steps towards better quality and knowledge sharing with industry in 2016, learners of competitiveness will take next level challenges in 2017 and beyond to achieve our contributions targets for Vision 2020.